Royal Horse Guards

Click on images to enlarge

Royal Horse Guards

Royal Horse Guards

The Royal Horse Guards. Brass Button Approx 25mm Diameter, Back Marked P & S Firmin 153 Strand London. The Obverse Displaying a Simple Design of the Letters RHG cipher below a Victorian Crown.
c1877-1902

The Royal Horse Guards (RHG) was a cavalry regiment of the British Army, part of the Household Cavalry.
Founded August 1650 in Newcastle upon Tyne by Sir Arthur Haselrig on the orders of Oliver Cromwell as the Regiment of Cuirassiers, the regiment became the Earl of Oxford's Regiment during the reign of King Charles II. As the regiment's uniform was blue in colour at the time, it was nicknamed "the Oxford Blues", from which was derived the nickname the "Blues." In 1750 the regiment became the Royal Horse Guards Blue and eventually, in 1877, the Royal Horse Guards.

Very Good Condition.

Availability: 1
Price: £19.50
Qty:  Add to Cart
Pin It
English French German Italian Portuguese Russian Spanish